Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert & Mattie havin' fun; slime withd

Subject:
[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert & Mattie havin' fun; slime withdrawals for humans.;
spay.
---------------------------------
Additional Header Information:
From: MagEBroD@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 03:47:06 EST
To: PYR-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM, pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert & Mattie havin' fun; slime withdrawals for
humans.; spay.
Sender: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

---------------------------------

     Could some of the folks who have more than 1 dog respond:

     Do the dogs eventually reconnect with their human counterparts or when
     you add a second dog or more, does the "pack" mentality take over?  By
     this I mean, even tho we are stilled viewed as alpha, is that
     closeness that was once there gone for good?

     I'd heard a similar comment from someone who dogsat for a neighbor for
     a week also.  The first day was great.  The dogs played, and played,
     and played ....  By the end of the week tho, they were ready to NOT
     keep two dogs.  The had been thinking about getting a second dog for
     quite a while, then when they "lost" the bond they'd had, which was
     very strong with their dog, they knew that they are now a one dog
     family.  Just curious if this is what normally happens once additional
     dogs are brought into the house.

     Steve
     Peoria, IL