[PyrNet-L] Albert & Mattie havin' fun; slime withdrawal; spay - update.

Steven.K.Slusser@osfhealthcare.org writes:

<<  The had been thinking about getting a second dog for
      quite a while, then when they "lost" the bond they'd had, which was
      very strong with their dog, they knew that they are now a one dog
      family.  Just curious if this is what normally happens once additional
      dogs are brought into the house.

   I keep hoping that the novelty wears off a bit!!  Today Mattie is having
her vet-check, shots, and being spayed, so she will be spending the night at
the vet's.  I am kinda thankfull for the time with Albert all to myself
again!!  In the first hour I was slimed at least 30 times and he snuggled with
me a lot and all the while I was grooming him!!  Can tell I'll need to groom
him more often now that he has a constant playmate:  They slime each others'
hair and it is more apt to get matted it seems and tangled.
   Then we went on a walk together. It was miserable out, so we stayed on our
property this time so we could make a run for cover when it started ot pour.
Still walked all over the 3 acres every which way on roads and trails through
the woods and inthe old sheep pastures.  It was nice and he always looks so
impressive and gorgeous outdoors!!
   He is seeming like my old Albert as far as him sliming me and cuddling, but
he seems less rowdy and is mellower now.  And sweet as ever!! LOVE this big
guy!!!
   Yours was an excellent question, and I am curious what others' answers will
be. And hope that we do not lose that bond forever.  That would be hard!!
Don't honestly know what I'd do. My finfgers are crossed that my being-slimed-
days are not over!!  Today was great!!  Nothing like Albert slime dripping
from the end of my nose to make me grin!!
   Don't worry, Mattie - I still love you!!  You just gotta share Albert with
us!!  And Albert needs to share you with us, too!! We're a-prayin' for you and
for a speedy recuperation, Mattie!  When I took her to the vet she was spooked
by the noises and barked at evry other dog bark she heard and barked when the
phone rang!!  But she was really sweet to the gals there!!
   Heidi (Albert's sister) and her owner were dying to see our new pup Mattie,
so they met us at the vet to see her this morning!!  Nancy couldn't believe
how soft she is and thought she was cute and sweet. Heidi's owner cannot
believe how much Heidi loves me, too!! She is so happy to see me each time!!
Even when I don't bring Albert for her to play with!!

(me grinning, Albert grinning & sliming me lots, & Mattie being spayed and
having shots)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.