re: [PyrNet-L] rescue help in Ohio needed

Lisa Fouras [pyrs@netset.com] wrote:
"Thanks for your post Angie.  Just wanted to give an explanation of the Ohio
club's situation. "

Lisa,
	I understand very well the limitations rescues have to deal with. We
here in MI have  5 people 3 who can house 1 -2 dogs, myself and 2 others.
Brigitte has not been doing much lately besides forwarding all calls to me
and she doesn't foster rescue dogs.  And one additional person who can help
occasionally with transportation. On top of fostering I have to screen
potential adopters, maintain the internet stuff and I am responsible for the
checking account(we hold a separate account from the clubs). I also have a
40+ hr a week job and my own pets.  Right now we have 4 girls and 3 boys up
for adoption.  We handled well over 120 dogs last year and 9 this year so
far.  I am very fortunate to have exceptional vet contacts so it doesn't
cost us nearly what it costs other rescues to care for dogs, including
heartworm treatment.   If the male is as young as they say, the heartworms
probably have not been there very long to cause any marked damage (some, but
not alot).   If heartworm treatment is done soon he will most likely be able
to live a fairly healthy life.
	I'm not trying to make it sound like you are not doing enough.  I
was just trying to give these dogs another chance.  If rescue can't help
them I don't think the buck should stop there. So please don't feel like I'm
belittling your efforts.

Fellow Rescue Person&
Licensed Vet Tech.
Angie