Re: [PyrNet-L] Being sensitive to other dogs feelings .

Stephanie,  Good point, and I have never figured out exactly what makes
her tick.  On the one hand, she physically cares for them well, it is a
real emotional lack of response that bothers me.  She took in two more
after the Pyr., we think she may be up to 23-24?  With our Pyrs., I think
on some level she is trying to compete??  I think that is why she makes a
point of calling  our dogs the poofy-frou-frou's.  She had said, " My dog
would be as big as yours if she was all poofy frou-frou!".  We feed
differently, and that becomes another story on nutritional requirements
of pups among litter mates!  I think that is why she will not pet or talk
to mine either, maybe some jealousy?

I think that a lot of people have a macho thing about big dogs, and use
them to boost their own image.  To acknowledge smaller breeds somehow
reduces them?  We like all dogs ( animals in general too ) so we respond
to them.  Never had big dogs to stroke an image!  That book " Dogs Never
Lie About Love" really makes you aware of a dogs feelings in a big way,
and we try even harder to respect their feelings, since reading it!  Cyn.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]