Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Pyr males

> From: Barb Bowes, Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy <bamb@monmouth.com>
  What one needs to be aware
> of is that if this doesn't work, if they won't get along, which one do
you
> get rid of?

I am going through this very thing now.  I have two rescue male littermates
and they started fighting a week after I brought them home and though for
the most part they get along they will engage in furious brawls.   I have
long known which was the better dog for our family and since I have young
kids that is the deciding factor in our families choice of which dog to
keep.  It is a horrible thing to think of stressing out our other dog Wolf
by rehoming him but I do think it is best for all concerned.   Just living
in a household where he must try to tolerate being under another dog's paw
( so to speak) is very stressful for him as well I believe so now I am just
trying to wait it out for the right home for him.   In my case I seem to
have 2 dogs that both want to be dominant.   Wolf will back off for a while
but then after a time slowly start to try to climb the power ladder.  Bear
the dog we will keep has just been diagnosed with OCD and more than likely
has hip dysplasia because he looks " off " and he sways alot when he walks
and bunny hops when he runs almost always.  We haven't x rayed the hips yet
but I will be surprised if they come back negative.  Wolf seems physically
in better health but he has a few behavior quirks that make it easier to
pick Bear as the better dog around young kids.   If this one point weren't
so obvious btw them I would really be suffering trying to choose.   Just
where we are at now.  michelle