[PyrNet-L] Re: PYRNET ADMIN THREAD

Dear List Members,

We, too, would like to apologize for the recent unpleasant messages on
the list.  When we first set up this list, we envisioned an informal,
friendly way to exchange stories and information about our beloved
breed.  None of the owners were in a position to spend the time
necessary to monitor or censor the list. Consequently, we did not find
out about the recent messages with their unfair  personal attacks on
respected members of the Great Pyrenees world until we received a
telephone call.  We were appalled.

Our first thought is that we can no longer have an un-monitored list.
Next we wondered if we should screen people who want to join the list,
or maybe we should shut the list down all together. We get so much
enjoyment, loyalty, love and affection from our wonderful Pyrs and all
the good friends we have met through them that it is hard to believe
that anyone owning one of this wonderful breed could harbor so much hate
for others that they would be willing to write such a vicious public
message as the one received from "Sally".  We would hope that this list
can continue to be a positive force for Great Pyrenees owners and
prospective owners. If not, maybe we ahould close down the list.

Sincerely,

Jack & Charlotte Perry