Re: [PyrNet-L] Grooming

On 20 Mar 99, at 23:47, KGHUBGAS@aol.com wrote:
> Panda has some mats under her neck ruff. Any particular type of comb/ brush
> that's best to pick them out? It's a tough spot that she hates to let me mess
> with.  Also found a ConAir human brush, an odd zig-zag handle with very wide
> stiff plastic bristles, sparse in number. Cost a whopping $0.24 from the 90%
> off table at CVS (yes, twenty- four cents!). Does a nice job on the long hair
> on her back; spiffed her up quick for her trip to Vet Opthamologist.

I usually spray the matts out first with Ice on Ice.  I think some
people use The Stuff.  Both detanglers, conditioners.  Then use a
matt rake or a slicker brush.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/