Re: [PyrNet-L] Allergies

In a message dated 4/7/99 12:21:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
naughty.dog@juno.com writes:

<<  Also, he (vet) said that dogs can be on steroids for an unlimited time >>

Yes, one common treatment is an oral pill, Prednesone, used for short periods
of time, it can help to improve allergies, and you have to "wean" them from
it. There is a nutritional supplement that the doctor I work for sells that
seems to really help allergies, it is called Juice Plus. We have put dogs and
cats with allergies and even demodectic mange, and a variety of others, with
awesome results. It comes in people formula too, I take it, and all of my
dogs are on it. It is great! I could mail you a brochure if  you like. There
are also some Hypo-Allergenic foods that help with lots of different
allergies, the ones I like are the Purina Prescription CNM HA and LA
Formulas. Good Luck!

Melissa