RE: Re(2): [PyrNet-L] parvo and other matters

On 28 Apr 99, at 9:59, Carol Lugg wrote:
> When we took Ursa in regarding her hips, we asked our vet about Rimadyl, and
> he said that he rarely uses it anymore because of the risks associated with
> it.  He says that if he does use it, he uses it with extreme caution, and
> only with a lot of supervision.  He usually only puts animals on it for
> short periods of time.

My vet feels the same way about Rimadyl.  There are now too
many side affects associated with it, not just liver damage.

There's information about Rimadyl on the Senior Dogs site at
http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadylfr.html

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/