[PyrNet-L] Chat, Events: Versatility Day

Sunday, June 6, in Sacramento CA. there will be a pyr event called a
Versatility Day to celebrate the versatile nature of pyrs and allow those
pyrs who are eligible for versatility awards to achieve "points" toward that
end on   The event is being held at Gibson Ranch, a 325 acre working
ranch/county park in north Sacramento County.  Gates open at 7 am,
registration begins at 8 am.  There will be a five mile hike on trails that
traverse the park, a pyr parade around the fishing lake, carting testing per
the versatility requirements, and Canine Good Citizenship testing.  There
will also be a picnic, with BBQ lunch available for $5.00 per person, or you
can bring your own.   Carts will be available just to try out. The ranch
itself offers swimming in an old swimming hole and horseback riding for
separate fees.   This should be a really fun day, even if you decide just to
park yourself at the picnic site and enjoy the day with or without your pyrs.

Directions from I-80 or I-50 are:  take Watt Avenue NORTH  and travel all the
way up to Elverta Road (it's almost but not quite to the county line -- a
Walmart will be on your left)  Turn left and go about 1/2 mile or less.
Right after the first stopsign, the ranch will be on your right, Cherry Park
golf course will be on your left.  If you pass the golf course/driving range,
you have gone too far.  If you are coming from some other direction, say from
I-5 or 99/70 email me and I'll give you the appropriate directions.  Also --
if you'd like a brochure, email me with your address and I'll send you one.

Elisa
Sacramento