[PyrNet-L] Perhaps you can help

Hi!  I'm new to this list and I'm enjoying "eavesdropping" on all the Pyr
conversations.

I'm an owner of two pet Pyrs -- Keesha (female) who's five and Aslan (male)
who's four.  I'm the dog lover in our house -- my husband wouldn't have chosen
to own dogs.  But, I didn't give him a choice!  ;)

We just moved into a new house and my husband is very concered about where we
keep the dogs; they weren't very kind to our last house.  We have his clients
and potential clients over frequently, so my house cannot smell or sound (!)
like a kennel, or have white fluffy hair flying around.  We're building a dog
run -- a fenced-in gravel areas for them to run around in and do their
"business" in.

The problem comes in trying to decide where the keep them during the day when
we're both at work and at night to sleep.  One of the problems is that for
their entire lives they've been indoor dogs who got a bunches of attention.
So now they're really rebelling (howling, scratching, barking, whining, not
eating) about being kept outside on the porch, in the back yard, or in the
basement.

We've thought about keeping them in the garage, but there's no ventilation --
it's very stuffy.  (A window is an option -- but would we have to heat/cool
the garage?).

We've thought about keeping them in the basement, but we'd like to finish it
with a rec room and my workout room down there, so they'd have to be moved.

We've thought about keeping them in the screened-in sun porch, but Aslan likes
to tear screens.

I'm terribly afraid I might have to give them up if I can't present my husband
with at least one viable option.  If it's more appropriate, send me any ideas
privately.

Thanks so much in advance!  ;)

Marcia