Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: rescue dogs

EandUnge@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 5/18/99 8:51:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:
>

>  We brought our first dog to meet
>our second rescue dog before adopting him and it was instant
>compatibility so
>that was it.  But if I had any questions, I would make multiple visits
>with
>everyone involved to be sure -- dogs included.

Just to agree with Elisa. Our older adoptees weren't exactly
rescues--adults who in one case was a retired champion and momma, and the
other one of her daughters who'd not had the temperament for showing--too
shy. In both cases, we took Paddington to meet them before making any
decisions, and both times, it was clear that they would be compatible. I'd
do the same with children--maybe trying to have the dog(s) visit your home
as well, and be even more careful with a rescue where you don't know all
the history and background. But adult dogs can adapt wonderfully, bond
totally, and be marvelous companions to human and canine family members.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose