[PyrNet-L] Re: Health Issues

Okay - the first (gentle) shot!

I switched from digest to real time so I may have missed some
posts. But I would like to continue this health issues of Pyrs.

Some health problems are completely hereditary, and some are
environmental, and some may be a combination of both. Before we
hit the really deadly issues like Dwarfism, lets play with
health issues that may or may not be hereditary.

One issue that came up on the other list is one that I
unfortunaltely had experiecne with - bloat. I lost
a three year old bitch to it, and this bitch's grandmother,
the first Cajun, survived the surgery but died of the
complications. I lost both of these within 6 months of each
other. While I suspect the dog food manufacturer changed the
formula, none of my other dogs were effected by this.

I have put in place my own safeguards to prevent a repeat incident.
I have become and remain fanatical about no activity and
no water for a full hour after the main meal. And as many
of you know I feed natural foods.

How many other people have had experience with this terrible
problem? And for those of you who breed, do you address this
possible problem with your puppy purchasers?

--
  Carol
 Carol Brescher Boyle                Improving the health of our dogs,

 Need a wholesome dog-friendly recipe? See the "Recipe of the month"
        at the our web-site http://www.naturaldogfood.com