[PyrNet-L] Re: Health Issues

Knock wood, and with good luck I guess, I have not had a problem with
bloat.  Even with the Mastiffs.  I  try not to let them exercise for
several hours after eating.  They go out and do their job, and come back
in and lay for awhile.  I have never restricted water however.  I would
prefer food to swell while they are eating it, so they will feel fuller,
and perhaps not eat as much at the time.  I actually prefer smaller meals
several times a day.  Or at least dry available to them to nibble, and
then a fuller more complete meal in the early evening.  I'm not sure
there is a real answer to this one.  I think it has more to do with the
dog, than the breed ( within reason ).

I was sorry to hear about your loosing two this way Carol.  That must
have been so difficult for you.  I lost my favorite Mastiff bitch to
rapid on set Kidney failure, and it still haunts me to this day, always
wondering, what could have been done differently!

Just my two cents on how we handle the food situation though!   Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]