Re: Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Perhaps you can help

Yup...we kept the pups in the dinette when they were little ( when they
couldn't be out with us that is ), and had large sheets of plexiglass
about 35" tall, secured with vice grips to the rather wide door frames.
They could see through them, and didn't miss anything that way.  We were
quite smug as to how efficient this was.  For a while that is!

The pups became juveniles, as they do, but that 35" height still seemed
secure to us.  One day Kendra and her dad were wrestling in the family
room, when all of a sudden Silver comes flying  ( and clearing it well )
over the top.  The others were agitated, but stayed put.  That was the
downfall however.

Not long after, we came home from the show to find all the girls out in
the living room ( having a ball, no less), they had things from the kids
room that they had dragged out.  They are mostly trained to go no further
than the edge of the family room, kitchen area, they try to inch those
paws into the dining room if they think they can.  But with no one
home....it was "PlayTime".  Poor Ranger, still stayed in the pen.  The
escapes became more frequent, we worked on the height of the panels, but
once they made that first break, there was no holding them.

So I agree with Ann, it may work....until they find out it doesn't have
to!  But of course, it is always worth the try.  Especially for older
dogs that have never started to jump.  Their fun, they keep us thinking!!
 Cyn.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]