Re: [PyrNet-L] New to the link

Lauri-
   I have electronic fencing over a large perimeter around our house, which
is somewhat remote with lots of land. When we first got the fence and used it
on the pyrs (on the lowest setting), they ran away from it and would not come
away from the side of the house. We took them around and let them get shocked
in various places to let them know their boundaries. Finally they came around
and ventured into the yard again a week later. Now they stay in the yard all
day and I don't even put the collars on anymore. As someone mentioned before,
they do fear the beeping the collars make. We have had much success with our
fence, though there are not a lot of distractions out where we live. However,
our two German Shepherds will run right through the shock, no matter what.
So, I guess it all depends on the dog. Good luck anyway!

-Emily Hainsworth
Castle Rock, CO
D3melza@aol.com