[PyrNet-L] size

agree with you there Robyn could well be crossbreed with more Pyr traits
than anything else. Often wonder where people measure their Pyrs from. Some
seem to think that the shoulder starts behind the ears and they measure from
there and we get these "taller" Pyreneans. Some folk seem to have a real
height fetish (like my eye one!!) .Had a couple of guys here years ago who
had a Pyr and offered to take any rehouse/rescue ones our Club had. Big
property in the middle of the South Island. Never had any to give them and a
while later "saw" the property on TV being raided by the Police. Some sort
of Commune armed to the teeth for the 2nd coming with these huge dogs
running around. Pyrenean/Great Dane crosses, pale gold with Pyr heads but
the height of a Dane and heavier!! No wonder they were so keen to "assist"
us with a good home. Apparently they were very good guard dogs!! Several
folk who saw the program phoned to say they had seen these "Pyreneans" but
we knew they were not purebred Pyrs.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/