Re: [PyrNet-L] size

Not necessarily Ruth. It seems you have been concerned about soundness
from the start and this may very well prove to be the reason you don't
have a problem now. That and doing your homework on the stud dogs you
use. I have talked to many "new" breeders who want to breed to the dog
that is winning the most in the ring. This may or may not be what is
best for them and their bitch. Some are surprised when I talk about
some of the health problems within the breed as a whole. I generally
give advice on testing for problems I.E. OFA hips, check thyroid etc.
Many had no idea these things should be done. Lastly I suggest they
consult with their breeder to find out what problems are behind their
bloodline and try to make sure that they are not breeding to a dog
that could make those problems worse. Every bloodline has it's
problems, it's knowing them and breeding away from them that makes a
good breeder.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com