Re: [PyrNet-L] size

Charlotte, Yes I understand and agree with you on that score, after all,
their are ranges of sizes in all living things.  I am only concerned when
we
"say" things are better at their smaller end, and attempt to shift to the
smaller end, rather than even the center to high.  I've commented before
about the Mastiff breeder that we knew both in conformation and
obedience, that was breeding her Mastiffs down to compete better ( in her
mind ) in the obedience ring.  Never mind that normal size large Mastiffs
were doing fine ( other than getting people to put them in obedience ),
going through the routines.  This woman actually went below minimums for
the breed, and then was never called on it in the conformation ring!  I
get concerned when the assumption is that Big is bad, just out of hand.
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas