Re: [PyrNet-L] Question:

Tony,

I agree with everything that has been posted so far on this
obedience issue, but would like to add two things. Re Cindy's
and other warnings, watch the instructor. Attend a few classes
before signing up and see how the instructor interacts with
the dogs. Never never allow the instuctor to use your dog as
an example and make this clear before class starts.

And secondly, look at the possibility of using Clicker training
with Kane. We all like to be told we are doing a good job, and
clicker training rewards the dog for responding correctly. Pyrs
are extremely bright, insightful but not "obendient" in
the traditional sense of the word. And Kane is going to have
some baggage with him that may just make it more difficult.

But you are going to do just fine with him. You care enough
to ask the right questions. Good luck.

--
  Carol
 Carol Brescher Boyle                Improving the health of our dogs,

 Need a wholesome dog-friendly recipe? See the "Recipe of the month"
        at the our web-site http://www.naturaldogfood.com