Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr's That Don't Like Toys

Doc (9 yr old, neutered male) has NEVER liked toys (we've had him since he
was 9 weeks old).  No matter what I tried, I could never get him
interested.  He used to love rawhide and pigs ears, but we've had to stop
those because he gobbles them down and they come right back up (sigh.....).
He does love animal crackers, dog biscuits, and peanut butter from a spoon
(after his ascriptin).

KD (2yr old, spayed female) LOVES toys -- especially her Buster Cube, empty
soda bottles, ropes, tennis balls, etc.  She has her own "toy box" and
roots through it to pick out what she wants to play with.  Twice, she has
even put toys back in the box before she selected another (oh...how to
reinforce that!!?).

Doc has no problem with KD's toys.  He just ignores them (including
sometimes laying down near them -- KD just goes over and takes them off to
a safer place (no growling -- she seems to know that he just doesn't care
about them!).

I am/have been concerned about Doc's lack of interest in toys (especially
when we travel and he has to go to the kennel without anything) but he
seems to be fine (maybe it's just me worrying about it -- not to mention
feeling guilty for leaving him).

Kathy Austin, Doc & KD
Moorhead MN USA

PS For Barry -- just back from UK and Netherlands and yes, bought lots of
chocolate for friends and myself!!!