Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr's That Don't Like Toys

It seems to me that most Pyrs don't play with toys unless they had them
as pups and even then many won't play with them when they are older.  I
wonder if this is part of the fact that the prey drive, ie. retrieving
etc., has been bred out of livestock guarding dogs so that they won't
chase or play with the livestock.  I know that we used to work at
toy-playing with pups that we hoped to train in obedience and it did
seem to help with retrieving (which does not come naturally to Pyrs).
Charlotte