Re: [PyrNet-L] DNA vaccines on the horizon

Lisa,

> > What's new on the horizon in vaccine efficacy and safety?  DNA
> > vaccines it appears!

>  No DNA vaccine has been licensed by the USDA for use yet.  We are

> ...not see it for a good long while - getting the USDA and the FDA to
> approve it and finding someone that thinks it's worth their while to
> manufacture it.

There are some concerns with DNA vaccines as well.  Any damage done
with DNA may become permanent in the population - what if part the
piece of DNA introduced integrates into the host?  Maybe not a common
event, but like someone said: "if a human mind can think of a way,
Nature has already done it." The ramifications of such a possibility
are vast and should not be taken lightly.

In addition to such potential hazards, the DNA itself has immunological
properties, in that it stimulates immune responses.  Some of these
very inefficient.

The usual cliche applies... if it sounds too good to be true...

Patric

"Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental"

===