Re: [PyrNet-L] New with questions

Pyrs. should come with warning labels about water, no one ever seems to
be prepared for this aspect ( I know we sure were not ).  All water in
bowls is actually meant to be a lake...in the paws or jaws of a Pyr.,
this will be so!  In our case with four of them, it is always a really
big lake!!  At that point all I can say is be glad you chose to do one at
a time!

Gentle training may start early and is a great idea, but just don't
expect too much at this stage, he is still a baby, and will be a long
time in maturing because of his breed.

Among the other books that everyone suggests on this list for training,
that I  have as a personal favorite is " Dogs Never Lie About Love ", I
think it does us all good to really understand how emotional and
intelligent the dog is, and training should be done with respect.  Good
Luck with your new baby!   Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas