[PyrNet-L] Vancouver, BC Clubs

(This is a second re-posting as neither originals went through)

There are two Clubs available to interested Pyr owners in British Columbia.  The national - The Great Pyrenees Club of Canada, and the regional affiliate - The Westcoast Great Pyrenees Association - with members from the western provinces and Washington area.  The local organization is a great source of material and resources on the breed and has experienced CKC registered breeders among its membership.  Our members are strong advocates of public & breeder education and are always willing to support new owners.  We promote responsible dog ownership, take part in breed rescue, provide mentorships, and have social events with our dogs (walks, picnics).  The Club's mandate, first and foremost, is to protect the Great Pyrenees breed.

We are easy to find for anyone who takes the time to look as we are listed through the Canadian Kennel Club, and most SPCAs and Vet Clinics have copies of the Annual and Dogs in Canada where our listings are published.  Further information on either Club is available by contacting the WGPA Secretary:

Sharon Armstrong
asitapyrs@idmail.com