[PyrNet-L] puppy at 4 weeks

That is a very young age Robyn for a pup to be not only taken away from it's
mother but also litter mates.  Glad to hear that Kes has coped.  If the
Breeder is aware that the bitch may lie on the pups then surely constant
supervision would be preferable. I note you use the term Breeder "loosely"
and if pups have been squashed before then the Breeder should have been on
guard more.  I too have hand raised pups from an early age but for very
different reasons and we sleep with our pups until 4 weeks of age and allow
the bitch to get in and out as she pleases day and night but always do a
head count especially when she goes to lie down!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/