Re: [PyrNet-L] chat: meat

In a message dated 7/17/99 3:00:05 AM EST, cody@ncweb.com writes:

<<  10 lbs. of gizzards >>

Dan, have you tried chicken parts?  What I've done in the past was take
chicken leg quarters (I often find them on sale at the local grocer for
around 29c/lb) and put in the crockpot.  Cook them on low for around 5 hours
- no more.  The skin and meat as well as the strained broth can be used for
the dogs.  I'm very careful in making sure there are no bones when I give it
to them.  Now, granted I do mix this with dry kibble.  But the chicken is
good.

I can agree with you about the quality of the meat!  Several years ago we had
extra wethers (neutered male goats) and had two of them butchered.  (Very
civilized I'll let you know - the man came and got them, and I went to the
butcher shop and picked up 2 large boxes of wrapped meat!)  Best meat we had!
 And we knew EXACTLY what had gone in it.  Which reminds me - got a couple
packets of liver left in the deep freeze - can get that out for the dogs.

Robyn