[PyrNet-L] infection

Well yessterday (I think) Bear got a sticker stuck in his side.  It was
stuck about ever with his ribs on the right.  I found it last night as I was
lazily rubbing him as I laid on the couch and he was lying on the floor.  It
was a little bloody and my husband saw that something was sticking out in
the middle and he pulled it out.  It was about an inch long!!! No blood or
anything. I put some topical ointment on it but this morning he was acting
punky and only drank water.  He did go outside and poop and pee but started
whinning with each step. I called the vet and took him in and had to leave
him to go teach 2 dance classes.  Went back about 4 hours later and he was
very low.  They had shaved his fur and poked around.  The vet said he didn't
think he had anything left in the skin. What is he psychic????
Didn't even take his temperature.  Gave him Cephalexin (lg red capsules)
two, three times a day for 7 days.  Does this seem right???? He did go out
to pee and poop (still normal) at 5:00 pm but crawled back into his crate
and whinned with each step at the start of the outside walk and when he laid
down.  Am I parnoid or does this sound ok.... Don't want to be the nerotic
mom but don't want him to go bad.  Any suggestions  Thanks Deanna and Bear
in Colorado