[PyrNet-L] Doggie on the couch

Hey gang-

Kane has taken to jumping up on the furniture when we leave (he never does it when we are home). We see him up there when we come home....he usually makes no effort to get down in a hurry....until he is dragged down and scruffed for being a "bad dog".

Does anyone have any tricks to keeping dogs off furniture? Since he doesn't do it when we are here and we only catch him every once in a while, we can't really let him know not to do it, although I'm pretty sure he knows that already....so  what I guess I mean is that we hardly ever catch him so it's hard to enforce the "no dog on couch" rule.

Any suggestions?

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you;  that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-- Mark Twain