Re: [PyrNet-L] BEHAVIOR, CHAT: Invisible fencing experiences needed

Hi,
I don't usually post but I feel that in regards to invisible fencing it's
totally unfair to just sit back and watch.  I have had no negative effect on
my pyrs temperament but if my boy wants something on the other side of that
fence he's gone.  He just holds his head up and walk right through it.
Shakespeare is more deterred by the noise than the final zap near the fence
border and once he's through he certainly has no incentive to return (for
some reason the zap on the way back is a deterrent :)).  I went for months
thinking that the fence was working, he never wandered and stayed close to
home, then came the day that someone walked some dogs in front of our place,
Shakespeare felt that the pretty little lady in the group would much prefer
his company and walked right through the fence.  Since then he has walked
through it a number of times usually to greet other dogs.  Now he's never
allowed outside on his own and I never let him out of my sight, but it does
allow him to be off lead as he will recall  and not walk through the fence
if there is someone there to tell him he's not supposed to.  The fence also
does not prevent other dogs  and animals from wandering on to the property.
So in summation it works but it doesn't.  Just some input from a not totally
satisfied pyr customer.
Ciao, Heather, Shakespeare (ahh, but she was cute) and Mushu (I'm a pyr too)