Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: advice skin rash

<<One of my pyrs a seven year old male, (Max) has developed a skin rash,
which is red scaley, seems to have an odor and itch him.  I was wondering if
anyone had experienced anything like this and had any advice.  He has seen
our vet and he put him on cephalexin which seems to clear it up for awhile
and then it returns.>>Kellie

I have heard a lot of good reports from people who have used a 1:1 mixture
of Apple Cider Vinegar and water (or even straight ACV) on skin irritations.
Tea Tree or Eucalyptus oil are also good, as long as the rash is in a place
where the dog can't lick it off.

It might be useful though to try and work out what is causing the rash
rather than (as well as) treating the symptoms.  Skin problems can be a sign
that that something is irritating the dog either internally or externally.
Food can be a big culprit.  Grains, for example, can be a major allergen.

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm