Re: [PyrNet-L] chewing off fur

We have had great luck w. spraying itchy spots w. solarcaine spray to keep the
dogs from chewing.  If the spot is oozing you want to get it dry.  Alcohol will
sting but does dry it out.  Another solution is to wash the area and then use
Gold Bond medicated powder.  Septiderm lotion is also good (can be ordered
through Vet catalog)..

It isn't always easy to figure out the cause of the itching.  For us, it often
turns out to be a food allergy.  We have found that our Pyrs just do not do well
w. high protein and high fat foods.  Actually, we are currently trying to figure
out the cause of one of our dog's scratching....we think it is an allergy to
corn!
Charlotte