Re(2): [PyrNet-L] all-in-one worm/flea control preparations

espinay@dynamite.com.au writes:
><<I have always had a problem with putting a man made chemical in my dogs
>mouth that killed fleas on the outside of their body. Hence, I
>>have never used Program or similar products........... Anyway, I have no
>trouble with fleas and all I use to keep them away is an excellent diet
>and
>garlic oil capsules.>>Barb Bowes
>
>Ah, a person after my own heart! :-)  I don't know, but the new 'chemical
>cocktails' being introduced onto the market scare me a little. I try to
>limit chemicals as much as I can and believe wholeheartedly that a lot can
>be achieved with a good diet (and garlic LOL!).  Seems to be working so
>far!
>:-)
I agree with you both! We try to garden, eat, etc. as "organically" as
possible ourselves and want the same for our dogs. We have never had a
problem with fleas just using good food and brewers yeast and garlic tabs
added to their food daily. Our groomer doesn't use chemical rinses either,
and their coats are shiny and healthy. It might be different if we lived
in a part of the country more prone to infestations of fleas than the
chilly northeast, but I always think that fleas and ticks must be able to
find easier pickings than trying to get through the coats on our pyrs!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose