[PyrNet-L] Shock Collar Information

I was part of this net information almost a year ago and opted to drop out
after being chastised concerning shock collars. I am not returning for any
other reason than to give you information concerning the results of using a
collar  on my pry.

Sebastian is an almost 5 year old male, neutered, pyr who has had his
runaways---due to my allowing him off leash in a park near our home. I was
convinced that he was "devoted " to me. Was I ever wrong.I e-mailed the pyr
internet group and was thoroughtly chastised at the thought of using a shock
collar on him. I thought long and hard about this but decided to give it a
try and we are in a pretty safe area with no roads as threats.

It has changed my life as well as Sebastian's.I initially worked on the
"come" command, which we had worked on previously without the collar. I only
had to say "come" once and then use the lowest stimulation on the collar, to
     have him respond immediately.I know that most of you consider this
cruel, however, I strongly disagree and this is why I elected to return to
this forum. I have found that Sebastian and I have a totallly new and more
exhilerating life as a result of this collar----which BTW I only use,
probably once a month on  meduium stiimulation, which I think is his attempt
to see if it still works.He is not "diminished in stature, or different in
ANY way. I truly believe he is happier being off leash and I KNOW I certainly
am.I never believed it was possible to have aPyr off leash, after being
bombarded with so many posts aabout the impossibility of it, but wanted to
post this message to let you know that my guy is just fine being on a shock
collar off leash. He chases foxes and deer and knows that when I say "Come",
he stops on a dime and does really come.I hesitated posting this as I was
afraid that I would incur the wrath of so many pyr owners tha t so totally
oppose shock collars, however, I have hs such a positive experience, and I
love this Big Guy so much that I wanted to let you all know what my
experience has been.