Re: [PyrNet-L] Shock Collar Information

Brandy, you certainly bring an interesting perspective to this.  As I
mentioned in my other letter, I will definitely look into this further,
as there may have been new rules I've missed in all our years of camping.

I don't know if I can agree with your comments about the nature of the
ecosystem allowing for dogs to chase the wildlife ( even a little ).  My
understanding of the park system is that we try to have as little impact
on the system as possible, so more can enjoy it.  I don't think that dogs
are really a natural part of the system anymore, any more than we are.
And I am not going to get into that at the moment as it is a big subject.
 I certainly don't think state and national parks are there for people to
allow their dogs off lead running, because those individuals, claim they
don't have enough room to exercise their companions at home.  It is a
matter of even a little loose dog running of wildlife  is like people
running their hands over certain rock formations, one doesn't change it
much, millions do!  Maybe it is a generational thing, in the way we look
at things, respecting the larger number rather than just self?  So you
may be right, letting your dog run loose in the park, might be the thing
to do.  As far has the shock collar, that is between her and her dog.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka