[PyrNet-L] shock collars and walking off lead

so...could a shock collar be used to help train a dog to stay close to you
when out hiking in parks?  would a shock collar be enough to prevent a dog
fight if another dog got in your pyr's face? my dog (1/2 pyr, 1/2 lab) i so
sweet and gently UNTIL another dog gets in her face, then she is, i hatre
to use this word, vicious.  my biggest fear walking my dog off lead in
public places is that she will meet an oncoming dog and get involved in a
brawl before i have a chance to catch up and call her away.  she likes to
walk ahead of me/us.  i only take her to p7ublic places when my husband is
with us b/c he is a lot more confident and fearless about the potential dog
fight thing.  he is also a much faster runner....

we have 11 acres in a triangular shape. 2 fairly busy roads on two sides
and power company owned woods on the third. lots of small animals, deer,
and occasionally coyotes for her to chase ON our property where she is
alwasy off leash, so this is where she gets most of her excercise, and her
favorite time to be active outside is midnight...gotta love it!