[PyrNet-L]

	I think much of the concern here has to do with the level of pain
felt by a dog when one of these collars is activated. After trying it on
myself, I can honestly say that I would prefer that sensation to someone
yanking at a collar on my neck....although I have to admit, I have not tried
the collar <VBG>. I also think that comparing the sensation to a bat upside
the head is just a tad extreme. From the reaction of my dog, it was the
immediacy and surprise of the correction that did the trick to stop his
barking.
	I find it interesting that there has been no outcry on the use of
invisible fences. It is exactly the same aversion training. The dog is
trained to the boundaries of the yard and if he crosses those boundaries, he
is warned, then punished. Many of the training collars also have the ability
to be used to warn and then punish.
	I have also found that dog training is kind of like politics, you
don't want to bring up the topic at a party unless you want to really heat
up the discussion. Everyone has a favorite method that they swear by and
anyone who uses another method is just plain wrong,  no matter the results.
I would never say that a shock collar is the best solution for everyone, but
if you have tried other methods without result, it is good to have
alternatives.