[PyrNet-L] Re: pinch and electric collars

Jack, have you ever heard the expression " Humans are not the only
species on earth.......we just act like it?   I do not think of dogs as
little humans, or children, I have come to really love dogs ( and other
animals ) for what they are as a species.  I appreciate them for what
they are, what they do, and what they add to this planet.  Many people
know that a dog can smell better than we can.  Less often do they stop
and process that fact as to how a dog really uses that information.
Their brains actually process that information, break it down, and use
it, as ours might take in some other type of information.  We think other
creatures are less intelligent, it may be that they simply use
information, and their planet differently than we do.  Some people are
now learning better methods of living in harmony with other life.  Monty
Roberts with horses has certainly helped the horse world
( although like everything humans do, it is slow to change  ).  Dogs in
particular bend over backwards to understand us, and read us.  We make
very little effort to do the same for them.  Some people feel that we
should use other, less abusive ways of working with them toward a common
goal.  The extent that we try, may be the extent that we care.
Why is your dog pulling, what might be done to stop that behavior?  Maybe
for some of us a shock collar or a pinch collar ( with those large prongs
sticking in to a dogs neck ) is an indication that we don't seem to be
able to do better by animals.  I.M.O.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka