Re: [PyrNet-L] cruciate ligament problem?

On 4 Nov 99, at 16:11, Rsk1951@aol.com wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone can tell me if these symptoms are indicative of
> cruciate ligament problem.We have appt. with vet next week but want to do
> some homework before.

When my girl had ACL problems she had a constant limp.  My vet told
me to rest her for a week, which I did, the limp went away.  The
first morning I let her out to run, I actually saw her break down,
I'm sure that's when the ACL ruptured.  After that she was in extreme
pain and we made a quick trip to the Orthopedic vet for surgical
repair.  Your vet will be able to diagnose the area, whether it be
hips, Patellar Luxation or ACL.  You can usually see if the patella
has luxated and then gone back in place. Please keep us posted.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico