[PyrNet-L] Leashes in mouths

   LOL about the leash in mouth.  My first pyr, who
was different, use to bite me all the time.   It
wasn't  agressive, just sort of play mouthing, but it
hurt.  I had huge bruises all over me.  This was
before I knew anything about pinch collars, gentle
leaders, or any training at all.
   Walking Spooky required courage.  It was normal for
a walk to consit of three steps and then Spooky
jumping and grabbing my arms three or four times, and
then three more steps.  I finally learned to put the
leash in Spooky's mouth.  With the leash in his mouth,
he couldn't bite me!  I was not happy when the trainer
told me he wasn't suppose to chew on the leash.  I
thought, "but it is so much better then the
alternative!"
   Thank heavens, for a truly wonderful trainer who
has given me a lot of alternatives besides feeding my
dog the leash.
                    Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,