Re: [PyrNet-L] Puppy Bath

On 16 Nov 99, at 11:25, Ferreira, Elaine wrote:

> My concern is that he wanted nothing to do with the
> blow dryer and I had to towel/air dry him. He was fine with the dryer when
> it was off and got accustomed to it when it was on and not pointed at him,
> but as soon as he got hit with the air, he started to bark and growl. Any
> hints on getting him used to the dryer.

I have a 15 month old that still hates the dryer.  I've crated her
close to where I'm drying the other dogs so she can watch and realize
it's no big deal.  But when the dryer is pointed at her, it's another
story...lots of patience and praise when they accept the dryer works
for some.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico