Re: [PyrNet-L] Barking

Mary,    I hate to tell you this, but I don't think there is any advice to give you. Pyrs bark.......at anything that comes into their yard.  Leaves, birds flying over,  even the wind at times!!  Maggie does the same thing and I will tell her to stop and it only works for a few minutes.  No change that to a few seconds!  Unless I bring her in the house.  This time of year it is worse for her.  The weather change....which makes her very happy .....and MORE "barky" then ever.  Joy McCarron (Maggies's Mom)
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew and Mary Hasper
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 7:44 PM
Subject: [PyrNet-L] Barking

I was just wondering if anyone had any training tips or advice on quieting some of our 9month old pyr Maya's barking. She never used to be as bad as she is now. She will even bark at the leaves falling from the tree. So far all i've done training wise is when she starts to barking I'll give the command "Maya, No Bark" & then distract her with a toy or something to that effect..it will last for maybe 10-15 minutes & then she's back to barking again..I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks
Mary Hasper
with the lovable,fluffable Maya & gang
ahasper@mmcable.com