Re: [PyrNet-L] Barking

In our experience, this is about the time that pyrs (especially females) find
their voices.  Kes went through that stage, and so did Zoe.  Our boys weren't
nearly as bad.  Guess they figure "what the heck, let the girls do the work,
we'll just sit here and look good, and be there if needed."

One thing we've tried was the squirt bottle.  You have to be right there when
she starts, and give her a good squirt of cold water, and a sharp command,
like "Quiet".   This worked to some success with Kes, as now all you have to
do is walk in with the bottle and she'll stop, momentarily.  However, she
still barks quite a bit.  In the mornings there's so much going on outside --
our neighbor's van goes up the road, the school bus, the trash truck, that
David has resorted to taking her in the bathroom with him while he showers.
(Must be quite cozy, as our bath is quite small!)

Good luck -- hope you don't have close neighbors!
Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, South Carolina