Re: [PyrNet-L] Sniffing.

Have a question for the experienced Pyr. folk, maybe especially those in
multiple dog homes, since I find behaviors often differ where there is
more.  I'm asking in the pure sense of the question, not as an obedience
technique.

Do you find your Pyrs. to be more sniffy with visitors, than other
breeds?  More persistent about checking people out?  My daughter has a
boyfriend right now that these dogs will not leave alone.  Admittedly I
do not like this fellow in particular.  And he hauled out and hit Silver
in the face one day, which shocked the heck out of me, and did not help
my opinion of him.  And yes....he found out what I thought of him hitting
my girl.  But I am getting to the point of wondering if there is
something else about him that has these dogs not leaving him alone.  They
do check out people normally, but with this kid it is different.  Can't
call them off, or if you do, they get down on they bellies and crawl back
up sniffing.  I admit it is annoying...but I have to wonder why does "he"
get this treatment.  I do respect Pyr, noses, I think they have an
extremely strong scenting ability, and I can't help but think there is a
real reason for this.

Any ideas about this?  Anyone else have this experience?  Thanks for any
info.!  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas