Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Sniffing.

clhenke@juno.com writes:
>I think if we listened more, we would be better for it.

A few years ago, our trainer was dating a guy that many of us didn't think
much of, and she herself was beginning to have serious questions also. She
brought him to our regular weekly outing in the woods, at our suggestion,
to put him to the "Shelley test."  You have to understand that Shelley was
the quintessential therapy dog, patient, tolerant, loving, accepting of
all kinds of disabilities etc. But she wouldn't let this guy touch her.
She didn't show any aggression, but simply kept moving out of his reach. I
don't know what she'd have done if he'd pushed her too far, but everyone
in the group was amazed--we'd never seen her quite so clear in her
distaste. The "Shelley test" became standard operating procedure before S
got too serious about anyone. The man who is now her husband came to
dinner, and had Shelley sitting in his lap within minutes!
Ann, Peg, Paddington (you didn't see me getting close to him either, did
you?), and Ivy Rose (that was my momma! I'm not taking any chances--I
don't let anyone get close!)