[PyrNet-L] Merry Christmas ( LONG!!!!!!)

I just want to wish you and yours' a very Merry Christmas from me and mine!!
You see I will be tucking into my dinner while you are still all asleep.
What am I having?? Roast Pork is the order of the day(apple sauce)  along
with roast spuds, pumpkin, parsnips and then minted peas and glazed carrots.
For afters there will be Chrissie pudding(full of brandy) , cream and
custard or trifle (full of sherry) or Pavlova (back off here Tracy, this is
a NZ Recipe!!) decorated with cream, strawberries and Kiwifruit( A totally
100% NZ Fruit Tracy!!). Of course the Christmas mince pies with the pastry
hand made by me from an old recipe of my Granny's. 8oz butter, 4 tablespoons
of icing sugar and 2 cups of self raising flour. Melts in the mouth and my
Mother would throttle me if she knew I was giving this Swiss pastry recipe
away!!  Of course I'll be doing the "little nibble tray" first.  There are
several types of cheese but I have my little special one "Pyrenees Cheese
from Ferndale Cheeses" here in NZ along with Camenbert etc, some California
Grapes, some South island Cherries, four different sorts of pate', heaps of
chippies )Potato chips or for the Poms,(my husband) crisps. There is a fair
assortment of wine here and a couple of bottles of Johnny Walker Black Label
(my daughter in the Navy is home and what a thoughtful girl to her old
Mother!!).  A few slices offf the 2nd Xmas Ham (we've eaten the first one) .
In the evening when no one else can move I shall have a small (or three
Ports) from a 20 year old bottle (somehow it's lasted!!) and a cigar to say
hello to my late Father and Uncle.  They smoked cigars and hated me smoking
cigarettes . You see as medical people they said it was better for my health
to smoke a cigar!!  I shall take their word on that once again.  The last
two cigars I smoked were to bid them "farewell" along with the vintage Port
they inadvertently left behind!! Of course underneath my feet as I sit at
the table all alone at this stage with  several Pyrenean Mountain Dogs, I
shall be feeding them all tidbits from the "leftovers".  My Girls will be
gone away by then and my friends gone home, my husband will be at work
 ships wait for no one!!)  So, as you open your presents in the morning,
think of me ready for bed with my Pyrs and I will think of you ready to have
your dinner with your Family and friends and your Pyrs.  May I wish you all
the happiness in the world and thankyou for your friendship since I joined
this List, to Barb, Joe, Tracy,Carrie,Elaine, Kelley, Mellisa, Ruth,
Charlotte and Jack, Geraldine,Elisa,Robyn, Brandy,Janice,  and everyone
else, may your Pyrs be with you.

Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Christmaspage.html and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/Index.html and
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest Site
http://homepages.msn.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/