Re: [PyrNet-L] Merry Christmas ( LONG!!!!!!)

<<I just want to wish you and yours' a very Merry Christmas from me and
mine!! You see I will be tucking into my dinner while you are still all
asleep. What am I having??>> Jan

Ah Jan - it sounds a pleasure! I will concede on the Pavlova (what a
wonderful Australian invention! LOL! :-) )  My Christmas starts Christmas
eve (tomorrow) when I pick my parents up from the airport at 10pm - followed
by a 1/2 hour drive to my sisters for home made fruit mince pies (fruit
mince has been stewing for 12 months in anticipation :-) ), fragrant
Tasmanian cheese with quince jelly and a lovely local dessert wine.  We will
open presents then as my brother-in-law will be working for most of
Christmas day (and we can't wait til he gets home to open them LOL!).  Then
follows the 1 hour drive home to my place where they will meet 1 yo Milou
for the 1st time.  My parents are great dog lovers - I have several pictures
of them (snapped by my 'candid camera' on past visits) asleep in the guest
room with my dogs piled very comfortably around them! LOL!  I can't wait to
see my Dad with Milou - I can see them being great pals (or should that be
partners in crime? :-/)

Christmas morning my sister and some friends will join us at my place. Lunch
will be cold smoked ham on the bone, cranberry sauce, smoked rainbow trout
(caught locally) with sour cream and horseradish, an assortment of
mediteranian dips with turkish bread, salads (ceasar, boccocini and tomato,
potato with honey mustard), a fruit platter of cherries, mango, melons etc
etc and an antipasta platter (incl marinated fetta, olives, chargrilled
octopus, artichokes etc) followed by a rum xmas pudding icecream cake.  Oh
yes, rum balls will have been consumed mid-morning no doubt (a family recipe
with EXTRA rum! :-b).  The dogs will join in the fun of course - presents
for them under the tree for xmas morning and no doubt a little bit of ham
for them too as a treat.  Friends dogs are also invited, so it will no doubt
be a mad house!  A good thing they all get on! :-)  I have been
pre-preparing some things tonight and I have quite an audience!  Of course
things do keep falling off the counter into their mouths - I wonder how that
keeps happening? LOL!

Mid afternoon (if we can move!) we will go back to my sisters place where
her husband will join us for a simple roast turkey and vegetable dinner
followed by plum pudding with brandy sauce.  Mum is designated pudding maker
every year - she has the BEST recipe!).  Then it will be my sisters two
incredibly spoiled Burmese cat's turn to enjoy the christmas spoils!

I just know I am going to sleep all day on Boxing Day!

Merry Christmas to you all.  May it be a Pyrfect day :-)

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm