[PyrNet-L] underground fencing

I am interested in hearing from folks who have actually used/are using
underground fencing for their dogs. I know that many people object to it
because they believe that it isn't ever a "safe" option, but I don't really
want to get into that debate ;-) Instead, I want to hear real-life
experiences. So, here are my questions:

1.)What has your experience been? which brand?
2.)What sort of guarantee should installers provide?
3.)Is it better to go with the local "name" provider or a one-person outfit
that is much cheaper?
4.) Do you shave your dogs' necks any to make the transmitter fit better?
5.)Do you find that you have to use a stronger collar with double-coated
breeds?

Thanks!

Katie

Check out my book : http://www.attachmentparent.com/