Re: [PyrNet-L] Compatibility with birds

<< I therefore can only consider breeds which DO NOT have a high prey drive,
 which has led me to the Guardian type dogs.  Does anyone of the list have
 any experience with the Gt. Pyr and small animals, especially birds. >>

My Mum has a pyr, a cockatiel and a pocket parrolet and all live comfortably
together.  Candy, the pyr, will go up to the cages and sniff them once, and
that's it.  As for the birds, they seem to know that Candy isn't a threat and
don't even react to her.  The same goes for my Mum's chickens.  Candy can be
in the yard with them, and there's no problems.

I don't have inside birds, but I do have hens and geese.  Except for one of
our pyrs, all the others leave these fowl alone.  Zoe still thinks these
birds are for "play", so she doesn't get to be in the paddock or field with
them.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC