Re: [PyrNet-L] Compatibility with birds

In a message dated 2/7/00 12:41:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Graham.Kiff@limit.co.uk writes:

<< Any advice on my shortlist would be much appreciated:
 1. Bernese Mountain Dog
 2. Great Pyrenees
 3. Kurvasz

 Many Thanks
 Graham Kiff >>

   Hi Graham, I have Great Pyrenees, three of which live in my house with 2
cockatoo's and a Gold capped conure. I never leave the birds out alone, but
supervised the dogs and the birds get along fine. I keep my birds wings
clipped, so that they can't fly around the room, because I think this would
kick in the prey instinct in a dog.(any dog). My dogs seem to like my birds,
one day I acme in and one of my cockatoo's(Willy)  had gotten out. Kim was in
the house, one of my female Pyr's, I saw that Willy was out of his cage and
panicked needlessly, I found him standing by Kim at her face and the were
preening each other. LOL This is only my experiences with birds and dogs
together, I think it would depend on you rasing the dog and the particular
animal. Hope this helps.

Debbie and the Pyr gang